Ayurvedic Remedies for Acid Reflux
Ayurvedic Remedies for Acid Reflux – Ayurveda is the one of the best way to treat acidity because ayurvedic jadi booties are so effective that it can cure any disease which include Acid reflux also. So in this article we are sharing some important tips to reduce acidity with ayurvedic remedies and hope that below mentioned remedies helps you.
At the entrance of your stomach, there is a valve that is a ring of muscle termed as the lower oesophageal sphincter (LES). Generally, the LES shuts down as soon as the food passes through it. If the LES does not shut down all the way or if it opens too often, acid secreted by your stomach can move up into the oesophagus. It can result in the symptoms like as a burning chest pain which is also known as called heartburn. If the symptom of acid reflux occurs more than two times a week, then it is said to be known as acid reflux disease, also termed as gastro-oesophageal reflux disease GERD.
What causes Acid Reflux Disease?
Various causes of acid reflux disease are mentioned below:
- Having large and heavy meals or lying down right after eating the meal
- If you are overweight or obese
- Having a heavy meal and lying down on your back or bending over at the waist
- Eating snacks just before sleeping
- Consuming foods like citrus, tomato, mint, garlic, chocolate onions or spicy or fatty foods
- Drinking some beverages like alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee or tea
- In pregnancy
- Taking certain drugs like ibuprofen, aspirin and some of the muscle relaxers or medicines of blood pressure.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux Disease
Some of the signs and symptoms of Acid reflux disease includes:
- Weight loss without any diet
- Bloody or black stools
- Wheezing, dry cough
- Chronic soreness, hoarseness
Ayurvedic Remedies for treating Acid reflux
Various Ayurvedic remedies which are used to suppress acid formation are very efficient in treating acidity. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Amla– One of the best Ayurvedic herbs suggested in the treatment of acid reflux is amla that is used for number of digestive problems. Amla should be taken with warm milk or eaten with vegetables to help settle the stomach issues.
- Coriander-This herb and spice coriander is also very effective and beneficial in the treatment of acidity. Ayurvedic practitioners also suggest taking one tablespoon of coriander juice with 4 oz. of butter milk to decrease acidity in the stomach.
- Mint-The mint family includes peppermint, spearmint and basil or tulsi; their natural oils will help in relieving the heartburn and concomitant symptoms. For the treatment of this acid reflux, Ayurvedic practitioners often suggest Tulsi or Holy basil to decrease the acid secretion and also decreases the tendency of reflux and heartburn. Chewing on a few fresh leaves of tulsi helps in relieving the burning pain of reflux. These herbs can be used both fresh and dried.
- Licorice-Ayurvedic medications also uses licorice root. Making an herbal tea provides relief from burning pain and other various symptoms of acid reflux.
Ayurvedic medicines effective in treating acidity
The ayurvedic medicines for treating acidity are illustrated below
- Kamadudha Ras (with pearls): Itis a drug of choice for treating hyperacidity in the dose of one tablet three times daily.
- Avipattikar churna: This can be taken with water before the daily meal. It is good for easy passing of bowel movementand is efficient in acidity.
- Narikel lavann: It is also a good remedy to treat hyperacidity.
- Sukumara Ghrita: Thisis a specific treatment and it is administered in doses of 1–2 teaspoonfuls mixed with a cup of milk and given first thing in the morning. It can lead to certain impairment of the digestive powers of the patient in the starting, but then he recovers the power of digestion after few days.
- Dhaatri lauha(calyx of iron mixed with the juice of amla): It may be taken in 1 teaspoonful dose two times a day. In acidity, iron absorption is impaired and it can be corrected using this medicine.
- In severe cases, Ayurvedic physicians also suggests Swarna parpatee, Suvarna Soota sekhara ras etc. If required, these medicines can be taken under medical supervision.
Following is the list of foods that can cause acid reflux:
- Black Pepper
- Tomatoes, Tomato ketchup, tomato soup
- Chili and chili powder
- Pineapple, Citrus fruits etc.
Ayurvedic remedies are safe and natural. Easy in use and they do not cause any kind of side effect. If the problem persists consult your doctor and start the medication.