Top Exercises for Hips, Thighs and Butts
Top Exercises for Hips, Thighs and Butts – Stepping into a gym if you are a newbie and don’t know where to start can be little daunting. It can be even more intimidating when sections of your gym are crowded with girls who are grunting and doing squats.
People often do regular exercises to shape their arms and upper body, but lower body parts like hips, butts, and thighs are the one mostly overlooked. Neglecting these areas will not only make you less active but will also reduce your body’s mobility. However with these exercises, you can strength your messy spillover area between your hips and thighs.
It never hurts giving your butts a jig and doing workout to shape your hips and thighs. If you are doing regular workout, it’s time to mix up your exercise regime and incorporate exercises to make your lower body active.
Best Exercises for Hips, Thighs and Butts:
While there are so many different exercises one can do, here are few bum-blasting one that you must try. Do these moves every day, challenge your adamant and zapping fat, and sculpt your lower body.
- Hip-Lift Progression:
Hip- lift Progression is an amazing exercise to reduce tension in your lower back and put your butt on work. It is quite easy that you can even do this in your bedroom.
- How to do:
- Lie straight on the ground with the arms on each side. Bent your knees with your feet touching the floor
- Now lift your hips up toward the ceiling. Hold it for few seconds and then lower- down your back
- Repeat the same for 60 seconds squeezing your hamstrings and glutes at the top of the range of motion. Make sure not to over-stretch your spine
Want to add some twist in it? Do this:
- Extend one leg at the top of the lift keeping your thighs parallel. Now hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, gently place your foot back on the floor and then come back in your position.
- Repeat the exercise for 30 seconds. Switch sides and do each move for 30 seconds on each leg.
- Balancing Squats:
- How to do:
- Stand tall in a tree position and keep your feet slightly wider than your normal standing position.
- Keep your chest lifted and your spine straight.
- Lower down into a deep squat position and try to touch the ground.
- As you get up, shift your weight to one leg (left or right), bend other leg, and grab onto your shin.
- Hold it for few seconds and return to start. Do 20 reps total and switch after every rep.
- Hinging Deadlift:
Deadlift is one such exercise that can recruit the muscles in your glutes, lower back, and hamstrings. This will not only make you fit but will also will strengthen your backside.
- How to do:
For doing this, all you need is a pair dumbbell. To do this:
- Stand straight with your feet slightly wider than your normal position
- Take your one leg out to one side of your body and lower into a side lunge
- Take your dumbbells on either side of your leg
- Bend your knee and shift your weight into both legs into a wider squat position
- Now come back in the normal position and repeat the process
- Do 20 reps alternately on each side
- Plie Squat:
Plie Squats are helpful in improving strength and mobility in a body. To do this, stand straight and keep your feet slightly wider than your shoulder’s width. Your toes should be pointed out at an angle of 45 degrees.
- How to do:
- Keep your back straight, keens over the toes and your weight on the heels of your feet
- Now bring your glutes and thighs close, and bend down into a sitting position
- Keep your heels strong and push your body up in the standing position
- Now repeat the process
- Plank Left Leg:
Plank is everything. But the key to master a plank is to do it in a right way. All you have to do is to tone your shoulders by putting all your body weight on your hands and toes.
- How to master a side plank?
- Lay on the floor in a high plank position with your hand under your shoulders and your butt down
- Now engage your abs by pulling your belly towards your spinal cord
- Squeeze your left glute to lift your left leg slightly above the ground
- Tap your left leg out to one side and repeat the process
- Switch between the legs after 20 reps
- Lying leg lift:
Get up folk! It’s not your sleeping time. It’s time to do another dynamic move to keep your lower body in shape. In this, you’ll be hitting your glutes from every angle so make sure you won’t miss this one.
How to do:
- Lie flat on your stomach with your forehead resting on your hands
- Now squeeze your left glute to lift your left leg and thigh from the ground
- Rise as high as you want to keep your leg straight
- Hold the position for few seconds at the top and then lower back down
- Switch legs after every move and repeat it 10 times on each leg
You don’t need a gym membership to melt that extra kilo from your lower body areas, just some exercises, and Walla! You’re done. Once your one set of exercise is done take rest for two minutes and then repeat the entire circuit.